OPPORTUNITIES TO VOLUNTEER OR GIVE
Get your Inukshuk Pendant! of Hope!
Show family and friends you are there for them to talk about struggles with anxiety and depression.
Like the Inuit symbol leading natives of the Arctic through the blizzard, the Inukshuk Pendant of Hope represents a path through the ambiguity of the postmodern world.
A percentage of the proceeds goes toward mental health initiatives.
Help Prevent Teen Suicide
Support M3TentTalk: Sponsor an M3 pop-up mental health tent at a music or festival venue near you, or volunteer as a counselor. TentTalk is “a forum for creatively reaching out to people through upbeat peer interactions at unexpected venues.”
EXPERTS I’M FOLLOWING
- Dr. Tim Elmore, best-selling author, international speaker, and president of Growing Leaders
Elmore trains high school and college students with skills to serve at school, work, home, and the community, and helps adults connect with the emerging generation.
- Dr. Travis Bradberry, award-winning coauthor of the #1 best selling book, Emotional Intelligence 2.0, motivational speaker, and cofounder of TalentSmart®
Bradberry is an expert on emotional intelligence.
- Dr. Jean Twenge speaker, professor, author of Generation Me, and founder of iGen Consulting
Twenge’s research and scholarly books and articles focus on the differences among generations, particularly the negative effects of parenting styles that encourage high self-esteem throughout childhood.
- Wondering how to protect your child from digital danger? See this all-in-one guide that describes how to protect children from the dangers of all types of technology, from mobile phones and apps to streaming content on smart TVs and online predators.
- Considering becoming a counselor? This website has everything you need to know about how and where to get your degree.
- National Institute of Mental Health (NAMI)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP)
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA)
- International OCD Foundation
- National Coalition Against Prescription Drug Abuse (NCAPDA)
- Substance and Medical Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)